Pains in chest area can appear due to many reasons including the gas in stomach. This state is common among almost everyone in a certain point of his life as it can happen because of unhealthy habits or some kinds of food.
In general, although passing intestinal gas or flatus can be very embarrassing, it is a normal action done by all of us as part of our daily routine. Moreover, we can’t just trap these gases as it causes much pain and may raise false alarms regarding a heart problem.
Consuming certain kinds of food and drinks can be a good reason for intestinal gas build up as well as constipation and even diarrhea.
Sounds a big problem, right? No, just keep reading to know more about the symptoms, causes and common effective remedies to treat the gas in stomach.
Causes Of Gas Build Up In Stomach
When you feel some pain in your chest, the first cause which you have to think of is gas build up in the abdominal region, and this gas is caused by many factors including:
• When the carbohydrates which is not digested in the small intestine is fermented by the bacteria in the colon, this forms gases.
• We all know that healthy foods with good amount of fibers can remove toxins, keep the digestive tract in working order and control the cholesterol levels as well as blood sugar. Although fibers are very beneficial to the body, they are difficult to digest and leads to gas formation.
Note: High fiber foods like vegetables, fruits, beans and peas, whole grains and many others can be a major cause of gas and gas pains.
• Beer, soda, pepsi and other carbonated beverages can lead to gas formation.
• Food intolerance causes gases in the stomach and small intestines.
• Irritable bowel syndrome or ulcerative colitis can also be a cause of gas formation.
• Gulping excess air while eating may cause gases.
• Constipation usually leads to bloating which causes gases.
Symptoms Of Gas Build Up In Stomach
There are many obvious symptoms and signs of having of gas buildup and gas pain including:
• Passing of gas voluntary or involuntary.
• Suffering from sharp pains in the abdominal area
• Feeling of bloatedness
• Absence of appetite
• Jabbing pains in the chest
• Shift of pain one part of the abdomen to another
• Tightness or swelling of the abdomen
When your gas problem is not serious, you see the above symptoms for a brief period and they pass on by themselves. However, if you are suffering of advanced cases of gas pains, the symptoms can be mistaken for heart diseases, appendicitis, gallstone and other ailments.
Furthermore, don’t panic for passing gas several times a day, as it is so normal and doesn’t cause discomfort or pain in the abdomen. But, if you felt more pains, it is better to consult your doctor and try some amazing home remedies.
Home Remedies For Gas In The Chest And Stomach Gas Problem:
1. Lie Down
When you have gas pain in the chest and it causes discomfort you have to lie down with the head elevated and rest in this small period of time to reduce the discomfort.
2. Drink Lots Of Fluids
Poor digestion is one of the major causes of the gas build up; therefore, take a lot of fluids to move the undigested food along especially the fiber rich food.
Additionally, drinking more fluids can also reduce constipation and allow gas to pass out of the system.
3.Common Kitchen Ingredient
To avoid gases and flatulence, you have to try some of the common ingredients used in Asian kitchens, as they are very useful in such case like some spices and mustard.
• Cardamom, cumin and turmeric are some of the best Indian spices which are popular for these beneficial properties for aiding the digestion. Try to include them in in your meals and tea to reduce the bloatedness or gas build up in the stomach.
• Mustard prevents the gas build up, and it can be added to many delicious recipes.
4. Positions That Alleviate Gas In Chest
Certain positions can be taken to get rid of gases in chest like:
• Kneeling Down on the bed with the buttocks in the air and the head facing down. ( This would encourages the excess gas to go out of the bod)
• Lying down and pressing your two legs against the stomach. At the same time, you have try getting the air out by passing the gas while breathing in and out.
• Make sure that you have an empty stomach when you push out the air from your body.
Note: Do these exercises when you are alone.
5. Stay Away From Carbonated Drinks
Drinking carbonated drinks can be a main reason to form gases and increase the passing of gas and discomfort. Additionally, you will be just drinking unnecessary sugar as such drinks don’t provide the body with any calories. Therefore, if you have gases, you should avoid and even stop drinking carbonated drinks.
6. Drinking Hot Fluids
Drinking hot fluids like tea reduces the gas build up in the abdominal region, so try to drink at least two drinks a day to move the gas along the digestive tract and release it out naturally.
7- Fruits To Consume
Certain fruits like papaya have the ability to heat up the system, reduce the bloatedness and prevent gas from building up.
8. Drink Delicious Tea and Get Some Relief
Peppermint tea, Ginger and chamomile tea are very beneficial and offer relief.
Most kinds of herbal tea have amazing anti flatulent properties which can prevent the buildup of gas in the stomach.
9. Baking Soda
Drink a hot cup of a tablespoon of baking soda mixed in a glass of water to reduce flatulence.
10. Ginger In Different Forms
Ginger is widely known for its curing properties l as it provides relief to the abdomen and the whole body.
It can be eaten in small pieces, put in tea, or consumed as ginger tablets.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
• Consuming two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar everyday can aid in digestion and reduce the discomfort caused by flatulence.
12. Avoid Dairy Food Products
If you are getting the feeling of bloatedness often, you have to check whether you suffer of intolerance to gluten rich foods or dairy products.
If you often suffer from gas in chest, try some of the above home remedies to get some relief. Absolutely, one of those safe and effective cure for flatulence will fit your body and solve your.