Today, you’ll know some powerful nasal congestion treatment to get this annoying disease over with! We can all relate to how annoying a blocked nose can be, especially if you’re working, it’s like it was meant to bring your entire life down.
When you have a blocked nose, you feel like you can’t breathe, nor do much during the day & your mood is usually off because you’re either having a headache, sneezing a lot or both!
Overall, you’re going to know:
- Common symptoms of nasal congestion.
- 8 natural nasal congestion treatment.
With that said, let’s get your nose cleared up..
Common Symptoms Of Nasal Congestion:
Before we jump into nasal congestion treatment, you must know the symptoms of nasal congestion first, which are:
- Mucus buildup,
- Sinus pain,
- Watery eyes,
- Swollen nasal tissues,
- A minor headache,
- A hoarse voice.
What if I don’t have a runny nose, does it mean I don’t have nasal congestion?
I’m afraid the answer here won’t be that pleasant, because nasal congestion could be accompanied by a runny nose or nasal discharge and sometimes not.
8 Natural Nasal Congestion Treatment:
It is crucial to treat nasal congestion immediately after having the above symptoms because it can lead to other problems, such as restless sleep, ear infections, and so on.
There are several ways to clear your nasal congestion. This common problem can be treated quickly by using remedies found in your kitchen.
1.Hot Ginger Compress:
Ginger has amazing anti-inflammatory properties which can ultimately relief and open up your congested nasal passages.
Ginger Nasal Congestion Treatment:
- Get a ginger root and slice a 3-inch piece for this treatment.
- Prepare a saucepan with 2 cups of boiling water.
- Add the ginger piece in the saucepan, cover it and let it simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
- After it cools off (wait till it’s warm enough), soak a washcloth in it and apply it for 15 minutes to your face.
- Make sure to elevate your head as your lying on the coach for better sinuses drainage.
Sometimes you need to do some massaging to help your body recover from diseases. In the case of nasal congestion, you should try applying acupressure
How can acupressure be a nasal congestion treatment?
- You’re going to use your index finger and thumb to apply pressure on the part next to your inner eye (next to your nose).
- Then, get a firm grip on the muscles at the sides of the back of your neck, at the same time, by using the heel and fingers of your other hand.
- Apply pressure on these four points altogether for 60 seconds after which you’ll feel a good relief.
3.Use Eucalyptus Oil:
Study after study has proven the magical effects of eucalyptus essential oil as a nasal congestion treatment. Not only that, but it also kills many types of bacteria that could possibly harm and cause respiratory infections. One of the bacteria it kills a bacteria responsible for sinus infections.
Eucalyptus essential oil as a nasal congestion treatment:
- Boil 1 cup of water and put it in a heatproof bowl.
- Stir in 5 drops of pure eucalyptus essential oil.
- Get a thick towel and cover both your head and the bowl.
- Inhale the steam for at least 10-15 minutes to get all the benefits.
- Repeat the eucalyptus oil steam nasal congestion treatment 3-4 times daily to fight effectively any infections.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar:
When you feel that you have a nasal congestion, then it’s going to be really helpful if you can get apple cider vinegar. It has tremendous properties that help clear any nasal congestion and help with sinus drainage.
Apple cider vinegar works on 2 things; thinning mucus because it has potassium and preventing bacterial growth because of its acetic acid.
All you have to do is get a glass of water, mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and drink to help you with your nasal congestion.
5. Drink Plenty Of Water:
Staying well-hydrated is an important thing when having nasal congestion. You always have to keep a bottle of water nearby to help with sinus drainage. As you drink water, you’re thinning mucus in your nasal passages which makes sinus drainage easier and decreases the pressure of a stuffy nose.
- You can drink water in any form you like and add some flavors to make your nasal congestion treatment fun and delicious.
- Also, you can drink any hot drink of your choice. The best hot drinks for nasal congestion are mint and ginger teas.
6. Garlic Steam:
I know! Who wants to smell garlic steam, but hear me out on this one! You should know that garlic has powerful agents that greatly help with alleviating congestion.
You just need to add some crushed garlic to a cup of boiling water and breathe the steam in.
If you don’t want to breathe the garlic steam, you can always add “fresh” garlic to your meals.
7. Drink Peppermint Tea:
Enjoy the amazing thinning benefits of peppermint since it has menthol, which opens up nasal passages and thins the mucus.
It’s better to drink the peppermint tea hot, to enjoy both the steam and its benefits as a nasal congestion treatment. This is a powerful treatment for a stuffy nose, as you’ll restore your normal breathing quickly.
8. Spice It Up With Cayenne Pepper:
We all know that cayenne pepper is spicy and this because of capsaicin. The greatest thing about capsaicin is that it easier for you to breathe since it dries the mucus n your nasal passages.
Moreover, it has anti-inflammatory effects to decrease the stuffy nose sensation. Just add some to your meals to enjoy its instant effects.
You can also drink cayenne pepper tea to treat nasal congestion. Just add ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a cup of boiling water.
Finally, don’t leave your nasal congestion untreated to avoid any further complications and more respiratory infections. You can combine and mix any of the above nasal congestion treatment for the quickest and best results.
May you get better soon, cheers!
You Can read Also Here Are The 4 Powerful Viral Fever Home Remedies And More!